Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Igor sends a message to Fugly


Hi Fugly buddy (and everyone else),

So.. after seeing the Arena sports stadium, me and Algernon decided that we wanted to go downtown and see a bit of the city centre. I also promised you a while ago that I would follow up on that tip you got from your slave about Amsterdam's most delicious food. So I made sure we checked that out for you ;-)

We got out at Waterloo station and the first stop was to take a look at the 'Magere Brug' (skinny bridge). The human spy James Bond shot his movie 'Diamonds are forever' at this location, so that was a must-see (tuh.. showoff.. real spies err.. blog).

Then we walked towards Rembrandt square to further investigate the tip from your slave about Amsterdam's yummiest food.

Well.. I think I have to disappoint you, buddy (you can see mister Rembrandt in the picture, which is proof we really did investigate). I did not find an exclusive vegetable shop and Algernon tried to find a cheese store, but he had no luck with that either. Needless to say, we were VERY disappointed. Food is not something to joke about.

Ow, I have to tell you a secret, but you have to promise not to tell Mickey. Me and Algernon came up with a plan when we were passing the flower market. It took us a while to get the shop assistant's attention (can you spot Algernon in the basket? I cannot believe humans have trouble seeing us) But in the end it all worked out. I cannot wait until Mickey gets her surprise, my beautiful little flower deserves only the best..
After that, we were thirsty, so we went to this cute little alley 'Gebed zonder end' (prayer without an end) to have a carrot beer and a platter of cheese at 'Captain Zeppos'

At 'Captain Zeppos' we accidently ran into one of Algernons friends. Dennis was just grabbing a bite during his break (Dennis is spokesrat for the Dutch Society for Replacement of Animal Testing). After our lunch we joined Dennis at Dam square and tried to help him raise awareness of the plight of laboratory animals.


After all of this, we were terribly tired so we went back to Amsterdam Central station to catch the train back to Haarlem.
Yaya is gonna show Algernon around Haarlem this weekend and she has a surprise planned for him. I do not know what it is but since she likes him, I don't think he has anything to worry about *winkwink*.

Lots of manly wheeks!
Your buddy Igor

p.s. Ghaaaaaaaahhhhh.. my slave just told me what the so called 'yummiest food was'. Apparently it was icecream. WHY?? Humans are weird.

1 comment: