Thursday, July 1, 2010

The Haarlem tour continued..

Hi All,

I'm back! So where were we? Ah yes, Miss Wilma showed us the Frans Hals museum, with paintings from the most famous painter that lived in Haarlem during the Dutch Golden Age. The rats went on a tour inside and I waited outside (I don't care that much for art). When they came back, they sat with me outside on the little benches and enjoyed the sun for a bit.
Sitting there, we got the idea to go to the city park Haarlemmerhout and just relax a bit more. It was such a nice day (and yes okay.. the prospect of a huge lawn appealed to me)
Wilma told us that the Haarlemmerhout park is the oldest public park in the Netherlands and that Napoleon's army carved their initials into a tree.
When I was full, Algernon and Wilma also wanted something to eat, so we rode back into the centre and I dropped Algernon and Wilma off at a restaurant (aka a cheese store). When I got home and took a good look at the photo's I made... *giggle*.. can you see the two of them holding tails??
It was not until much much later Algernon got home and crawled right into his hammock. When Igor went up to him and asked how the dinner was, all Algernon said was; 'Very nice, dutch cheese is superb' and then he fell asleep.

x
Yaya

2 comments:

  1. these are such sweet stories and the sights are so interesting and the pigtures are fabulous. I would love to go on this trip. Excellent job! Sammy says hi!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sammy,

    Thank you so much! All we actually do is write down what algernon does ;-) He is a very interesting personality (just like his guardian angel)

    Grtz!
    Igor

    ReplyDelete